The first Monday of the month brings with it the latest April security patch for the Google handset lineup. While not being as extravagant as a Feature – Drop it is still something that any Pixel owner can look forward to. This moths update is available not only fo the Pixel6 and Pixel6 Pro which are just receiving their second update since their launch but also for the Pixel 3a and other new devices too.
This latest April update patch has several modifications in this version, including several Pixel 6-specific fixes. Although it’s unclear whether this is specially designed for the Pixel Stand, Google’s newer phones should handle wireless charging better with “certain accessories.” Two camera updates, as well as a green screen error that appeared in camera previews, should enhance how the front-facing camera functions with select apps.
Furthermore, The rest of this month’s patch is categorized as “User Interface,” and it affects all models that are currently supported. April’s fixes include PiP crashes, live wallpaper problems, and faulty app drawer animations, to name a few. Even though it isn’t nearly as large as last month’s big release.
Battery & Power
- Additional improvements for wireless charging performance with certain accessories *.
- Fix for issue causing front-facing camera preview in certain apps to appear zoomed in *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing green screen to appear in camera preview *.
- Fix for crash in System UI while using apps in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing error message to display when setting up certain live wallpapers *.
- Fix for issue causing notification shade and Quick Settings to appear invisible after changing wallpaper in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing animation to display incorrectly when canceling a search in the app drawer *.
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing navigation in overview screen while TalkBack is active *.
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing recents button to show the overview while using 3-button navigation with third-party launchers *.
Software versions -Global :
- Pixel 3a (XL): SP2A.220405.003
- Pixel 4 (XL): SP2A.220405.003
- Pixel 4a: SP2A.220405.003
- Pixel 4a (5G): SP2A.220405.003
- Pixel 5: SP2A.220405.003
- Pixel 5a (5G): SP2A.220405.003
- Pixel 6: SP2A.220405.004
- Pixel 6 Pro: SP2A.220405.004
The apprehension of pixel users is not unwarranted after what happened in the previous February update, but all the speculations and reports suggest the same will not happen again in this latest update. Interested users can always manually install the OTA files and the factory images from Google’s website for early access to the update. Moreover, the updates are reported to be coming out soon to the supported device in the next few days.
Also, Read: Pixel 5a: Relevant in 2022?